Sliced hard boiled eggs, juicy ripe tomatoes, chopped scallions with a touch of mayonnaise, salt and pepper -- enjoy this egg sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich
I often make this egg sandwich for my daughter Karina because he loves it! Plus it's inexpensive and easy to make. You can make it a day ahead if you want to pack it to eat on the go! Sounds too simple, right? Well try it and you will see why I'm so addicted! More easy lunch ideas with hard boiled eggs, you can make my classic egg salad recipe or these lentil avocado egg bowls !
Before I left my previous job in Manhattan, there was a small cafe that served this simple egg sandwich that I was hooked on. It's so simple but the flavors just work with the tomatoes and scallions. Now that I work at home, I make it quite often for myself and my daughter as she often requests it.
- Keep hard boiled eggs in your refrigerator for a quick breakfast on the go, to add to sandwiches or even salads. It only takes a few minutes to boil a few eggs, here's a foolproof way to make perfect hard boiled eggs every time .
- If possible, boil older eggs first. Fresh eggs are harder to peel once hard boiled.
- If you have an Instant Pot, you can make Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs that are also easy to peel.
- For the same number of smart points and 50 more calories, sub my Easy Bagel Recipe (live link) in place of your roll.
- Swap the potato rolls for my easy homemade bagel recipe for the same Smart Points.
- Serve it open-faced on a slice of sourdough bread!
- You can make the sandwiches the night before and wrap them tight with plastic for quick and easy breakfast to go.
How To Make
More Hard Boiled Egg Recipes You Will Love
Watch cooking videos and learn how to cook. Watch funny mukbangs and ASMR food clips. Talk to the creators of best live shows online. Explore food posts from people around the world. Learn useful life hacks, rate and leave comments. Follow your favorite creators not to miss new posts and updates.