This easy Banana Bread Muffin in a Mug recipe is perfect when you want a quick breakfast for one in minutes! A great way to use up those brown bananas!
Banana Bread Muffin in a Mug
This easy banana bread muffin recipe is so easy, made with only 5 ingredients, and ready in under 5 minutes! No oil, egg or sugar needed. The ingredients are simple, ripe bananas, flour, baking powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt. They are mini and perfect if you're baking for one or don't have much time. Of course, if you want to whip up a batch you can make these
banana bread muffins
or my favorite
banana nut bread
I've been making these banana mug muffins all week and Madison is obsessed and now wants them all day, everyday! I even add some sprinkles on top because they make her happy, and we can all use small doses of happiness these days. My bananas were so ripe they were black, which makes them sweet enough that you don't even need to add sugar. But if you want to add some, 1 teaspoon is more than enough. I tried them with and without oil and both worked out great, so I am skipping the oil. Of course, if you want to add it you certainly can, just mix them in with the bananas.
So far I tested them plain, with peanut butter, with chocolate chips and with nuts. I'd love to see what variations you come up with, leave your comments below!
- Make sure you use a microwave safe mug.
- I used an espresso mug which was the perfect size for a half banana. A ramekin would also work.
- To use a whole banana double the recipe and use a larger coffee mug.
- For an espresso size mug this took 90 seconds in my microwave. If you make double, increase the time to about 2 minutes.
- You will know when it's done when the center is no longer wet.
More Banana Bread Recipes You Will Love: