These are one of my favorite cookie bars! Since you love snickerdoodle as much as I do, you have to try my cream cheese snickerdoodles , brown butter salted caramel snickerdoodles or brown butter snickerdoodles . These soft and chewy Snickerdoodle Bars have layers of cookie dough, cinnamon and glaze over top making these thick, buttery and irresistible. These are a definite MUST make!
All I can say about this recipe is, MAKE IT! If you like snickerdoodles, you will LOVE these. I ran 3 1/2 miles this morning and walked 2 to pick up my boys from school. As I was eating my second snickerdoodle bar I was thinking, dang I just ruined what I did today. But they were so good, I didn't even care. Have you heard the saying, "skinny and sad or happy and fat?" Well I chose to be happy and fat today. And these were worth every mile I ran! Trust me, they are absolutely delicious and loved by the whole family!
These snickerdoodle bars are perfect for No rolling or chilling the dough. thick Soft and chewy
Snickerdoodle Bars Ingredients:
- Flour: All purpose flour works best with these snickerdoodle bars.
- Baking Powder: This will help with rising the bars while being baked.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt will help with raising the bars as well as flavoring.
- Butter: Unsalted butter does better but if salted is what you have then eliminate the salt.
- Sugar: Brings in the sweetness and flavoring.
- Brown Sugar: The combination of white sugar and brown sugar is the very best!
- Eggs: For best results have them sitting out to room temperature before adding them into the mixture.
- Vanilla: Flavorful vanilla is one of my very favorite ingredients!
- Sugar: Combine the cinnamon and sugar for a sweet and savory combination over the snickerdoodle bars.
- Cinnamon: Has a subtle flavorful that is sprinkled over the cookie bars.
- Powdered Sugar: Sweet and thick for making the glaze rich in flavor.
- Milk: Creates a silky and glossy glaze combined with the powdered sugar.
- Vanilla: Always the best to add in some flavoring.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Bars:
- Make the dough: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease bottom only of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together cinnamon filling: In large bowl, beat butter on high until creamy. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture until combined. In low speed, beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Layer the snickerdoodle bars: Spoon half of the batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the cinnamon filling mixture on top. Drop the rest of the batter by teaspoons on top of the cinnamon filling mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until toothpick inserted comes clean. Let cool for an hour. Drizzle the glaze over the bars.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
I lined my pan with parchment paper before pressing down the dough. This will help the snickerdoodle bars not stick. I love that stuff!
Tips for Making Snickerdoodle Bars:
- Room Temperature: Try to have the ingredients sit out prior to mixing. This helps all the ingredients mix well together.
- Baking glass: I use a metal baking dish, a glass one would be fine but the bars may need to bake for longer.
- Storing snickerdoodle bars: It is best to store snickerdoodle bars in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 5 days.
More Dessert Bars that are just as Delicious:
Watch cooking videos and learn how to cook. Watch funny mukbangs and ASMR food clips. Talk to the creators of best live shows online. Explore food posts from people around the world. Learn useful life hacks, rate and leave comments. Follow your favorite creators not to miss new posts and updates.