Eggs Benedict is a breakfast favorite! An English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and then drizzled with buttery hollandaise sauce. Your next brunch needs this!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this Eggs Benedict is one you're sure to enjoy. This decadent dish can be found at any breakfast diner but you can also make it right at home. For more classic breakfast dishes, try
Biscuits and Gravy
The Best Quiche
Eggs Benedict requires a little bit of work and planning since there are various layers to this open faced sandwich but they are worth it! The combination of the buttered English muffin, savory Canadian bacon, runny poached egg, and smooth buttery hollandaise sauce is just incredible. You will not be disappointed!
How to Make Eggs Benedict:
- Toast English muffins until golden and then spread with butter.
- Layer on the Canadian bacon, poached egg, and then pour hollandaise sauce over the top.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley.
How to Poach Eggs:
- Place a small sieve over a bowl and crack an egg into it to get rid of the watery egg white. Place the egg into a small dish. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Fill a medium size pot with 3-4 inches of water and bring to a simmer. When a few bubbles start to form on the bottom of the pan (it should never boil), reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in the vinegar and create a vortex.
- Holding the dish close to the center of the vortex, quickly pour the egg in and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggs.
How to make Hollandaise Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat until it starts to foam.
- Place egg yolks and 1 teaspoon water in a blender and start mixing on low. Slowly stream in the melted butter while mixing and continue to mix until combined.
- Mix in the lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt \& pepper. Pour into a bowl and lay plastic wrap over the surface of the sauce (so it doesn't form a skin) and set it aside.
What are some Eggs Benedict Variations?
Once you've got this traditional version down, make modifications by adding things like slice avocado, greens, or tomato to your open face sandwich.
You can also swap out the Candaian bacon for another protein like thick cut bacon or salmon.
What to serve with Eggs Benedict?
Eggs Benedict are great served with any breakfast side like hash browns, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus, or tomatoes.
How to Store Hollandaise Sauce:
Pour leftover sauce in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Looking For More Egg Recipes? Enjoy These: